Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Test The Water

Ok, so I missed another day of blogging. Yesterday I was too upset and depressed to blog. Indeed, I went to bed before 10:00 pm. That is a sure sign of something's not right in paradise.
Due to user error, my ads got taken away. Sniff Sniff! It was my own fault and I am praying that my appeal will indeed appeal to some computer techno geek in the google adsense world. I am hoping that they will take pity on my mere stupidity and chalk it up to beginners error and let me have another chance. Ahhh, but we shall see. Serves me right for wanting to know what the prices were of those strawberries. They were way to expensive anyway. $50 for a dozen chocolate covered strawberries! Who in their right mind would pay that kind of money for 12 chocolate strawberries. Frankly, I don't see what the big deal is over those things. They are delicious, yes, but they are SOOO easy to make! Maybe that is the same thing for my ads...they were soooo good to have on here, but someone decided they were soooo easy to take away, so they did! Sad huh?
Does anyone feel sorry for me? I am feeling sorry for myself. Sometimes I just don't get the way the world turns and they way things work out. It is easy to say "Woe is me, everything is against me." Especially these past few weeks around here. It has been one user error on my part after another. I guess I need to learn from my mistakes and learn slow down and figure things out before making rash moves and decisions. I am the type to jump right in before testing the water. Erik is the opposite. He evaluates, sticks his big toe in before jumping in. Sometimes it drives me crazy that he just can't make a decision fast enough on certain things. But at the end of the day, the week, the month and year, he is better off, for he has erred much less than I have. So next time I get a good idea in my head, such as starting blogs with ads on it, I guess I should slow down, read the fine print and find out more info. That way I won't get burned so fast after jumping into the pool of boiling water!

2 comments:

Husband-Erik said...

Thanks for the compliment but sometimes it is better to jump in. We just need to find a happy medium. LOVE you and your impulsiveness.

maureen said...

I love you to. You make me so proud and I think you get your impulsive nature from me. It doesn't always work out the way you might plan, but it has taken me on many adventures I might not have had if I had taken the time to think things through a little better. Just stay grounded and you will do wonderful! Love, Mom